Govt. College of Art and Craft, Khallikote, Ganjam is one of the leading Visual Art Institutions in this Part of our Country. It was established on 25th October 1957 in the palacisi building of the Raja Saheb of Khallikote.
It is situated on the bank of the famous natural lake “Chilika” and surrounded by high mountains, green forests and green fields, artistic monuments and a natural spring “Nirmal Jhar”. Khallikote was in the princely state of pre-independent Odisha and now included within Khallikote N.A.C. It is situated a distance 120 KM. from Bhubaneswar towards the south and 60 KM. from Berhampur towards the north. It is linked by both rail and road.
The course is named a Bachelor Degree in Visual Art. It is a four year integrated Degree course. This course is a new one that has been introduced from the academic session 2005-2006.
Out of four years, one year is foundation course and three years is specialization course. Foundation course is mainly an orientation course where the students are given an overall training in different subjects related to specialization streams of visual art. The idea is to relate them various aspects of visual art, their technique, idea, beauty and aesthetics.
There shall be 800 marks in the foundation course examination. Foundation is a year course in which a student undergoes training in all the following subjects. If a student does not pass the foundation courses in two chances he/she is not allowed to continue his/her study in the college.
Compulsory subjects: Painting Printing (Indian Style) Sculpture Graphic Art, Applied Art, Pottery & Ceramics / Textiles design/ Traditional Sculpture Art theory story of art English (1st year of +3) M.I.L (Oriya)/ Alternative English (1st Year of +3)
There shall be 600 marks in Degree Examination in each year (Total-1800 marks)
Practical Subjects for Specialization
- Painting (Indian Style)
- Applied Art
- Pottery & Ceramics / Traditional Sculpture / Textile design
- Art. History
A student has to specialize in one subject after the successful completion of the foundation course. Subjects for Specialization once opted for will not be changed later. Each specialization stream has three papers-300 marks (100 marks each paper) one elective paper-100 marks. There are some elective subjects for each specialization stream out of which only one is elected which continued for 3 years. In this subject, a student is required to work independently beyond of his / her scheduled college time tables. It is purely a project work. The project is prepared by the Candidate with the guidance of the expert. The project must have a developing attitude with new possibilities, ideas, marketability, etc. in each specialization course. Art theory two papers (Paper- I & Paper-II) each 100 marks. Total 600 marks.
In every year a student has to appear at the university examination. Two chances are given to each part examination without a break of studies. But in case a candidate fails only in one examination is allowed to appear at the supplementary examination or next subsequent university examination in the subject he/ she is failed.
The Academic year is divided into three terms.
1st Term – July to September
2nd Term – October to December
3rd Term – January to May
Working hours: Normal class hours of the college are from 10 A.M. to 4 P.M. except Sunday and holidays. Morning hours from 6.30 to 12.30 P.M. till reopening of after summer vacation.
The date of commencement of the classes will be notified by the Principal after re-opening the college.
Application for Admission:
Candidates who seek admission or re-admission in case of 1st-year foundation (B.V.A.) The course may send his/ her application through a prescribed form duly filled in so as to reach at the Principal on or before the last date of receipt of the final application form. Application received after the stipulated dates are liable to rejection. In case of a promotional case, their admission will be renewed automatically after depositing the prescribed fees at the college unless complaint against him/her. Only the prescribed form will be entertained.
The application form can be obtained by regd. Post on payment of cash through M.O. the office will not be responsible for any loss or delay in transit.
Check List of Enclosures with Application Form
(Only attested photocopies of documents to be submitted)
- Date of birth Certificate (H.S.C. or it’s equivalent)
- H.S.C. Mark sheet
- +2 certificates or its equivalent examination.
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Certificate of good conduct from the head of the institution last attended.
- Certificate from the competent authority in case of reserved categories.
- Recent last certificate of the Competent Authority(D.W.O./S.D.O./Collector/M.L.A./M.P./Tahasildar) in case of S.C./S.T. candidates subject to verification.
- NCC/Sports/Guide Certificate from the appropriate authority.
- Certificate from the C.D.M.O in case of Physical handicapped.
- Two self-addressed envelopes of 25 x 10 cm with requisite postal stamp affixed dispatch of Admit card.
- Here the front side attested identical recent colour Passport Photographs. Two stamp size colour photographs.
- Original Money Receipt.
- Income Certificate of the Parents.
- Affix Requisite Postage Stamps on the index and Intimation cards.
Reservation of Seat
20% of the total numbers of seats are reserved for S.C. and S.T candidates.Out of which 12% for SC and 8% for ST Candidates subject to qualify in the Admission Test. SC & ST candidates allowed.
Criteria for submission of the Application Form:
- A candidate must have passed + 2 or its equivalent Examination from a recognized Council or University.
- A candidate must not be above 23 years as on 1st July of the current year. 5 years of age relaxation in the case of physically handicapped candidates.
- He must have a special attitude in Art and Cultural Activities.
- SC/ST candidates shall have to submit the caste certificate from the competent authority with income certificate of the parents
- In the case of physically handicapped, the candidates have to produce a certificate from C.D.M.O. with that effect. The degree of handicapped for eligibility should be between 30% to 40%
- Application form found incomplete in all respect will not be entertained.
Only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear at the admission test. Candidates shall have to appear the practical, Written, and viva voice test. The candidates are to be selected in order to merit on the basis of aggregate marks. The selection of candidates by the Committee is final.
All the selected candidates bound to abide the rules are regulations of the College.
More information can be obtained from the office of the Principal Govt. College of Art and Crafts, Khallikote, Ganjam in every working day between 10 A.M. to 4 P.M.
Fees of the College
|1||Cost of Application form||20/-|
|4||College Examination Fees||50/-|
|5||Abstract for Attendance Fees||10/-|
|6||Time table and lesson plan||10/-|
|7||Student welfare fund (for 1st year)||30/-|
|14||College Magazine Fees||20/-|
|15||Tuition fee per month||20/-|
|18||Fee for Late Admission||100/-|
|20||Recognitions fee from students passing from other BSE/Universities||100/-|
|21||Transfer of one college to another within the university||50/-|
|22||Development Fees (for 1st year)||250/-|
|23||Practical Class fees||250/-|
|24||Caution money (refundable)||200/-|
|28||Electricity and water charges||100/- p.m.|
|29||Common room & establishment||25/- p.m.|
N.B.: The information in the prospectus is not final and may be changed by the Government at any time.